Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So busy!




I feel bad I haven't posted for so long. We have had a crazy busy week. We just finished hosting a lunch for Mining Days here in Marysvale. We put on a smoked barbeque in the park. It was fun but a little stressful. It's the first Mining Days so we didn't know how many people to plan for. We overplanned a little but at least there was enough. Most of Nathan's family showed up for the festivities. They were all a great help. We're glad they all could make it. Nathan had a bunch of trail rides and we had a few guests in the cabins. Nathan also had an Eagle Court of Honor on Sunday. It was his first to conduct. It went well. He did a good job on his remarks. He is doing so good in scouts. I think all the boys really like him. I'm counting the days until preschool starts...Sept. 2nd. I can't wait to send Ava and William. I need a little break. I hope William likes it. Today was the first day of regular school. They only went a half day because the power was out. It was only supposed to be out for 8 hours but ended up being 12 hours. It wouldn't have been so bad except our pump on our well runs on our electricity so we didn't have power or water. I didn't realize how bored the kids get without tv. It's a lot of work to keep them entertained. Well not much else to report.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I get irritated if our power is off for more than an hour! I could never handle 12!

Trisha said...

Ok come live in Alamo where I swear the power goes out at least once a day!! But not for 12 hours, I would die!!! I am so happy you have a blog so I can see how you are doing and see my cute little nieces and nephew.. We miss you guys so much.. Yes we are planning on coming up over labor day weekend.. I know for sure me and Mel and Rose are coming and I think Brooke and her family are too so we are gonna have a blast!! So what do you think about bb? I so hope April goes home, although I don't like the old man either ha ha I can't remember his name lol.. Anyway I hope all is well, I am glad you finally posted... Talk to ya later, Love ya

Tami said...

Hey thanks I try my best, big bear was fun, our next mini vacation will be up to your ranch, maybe after winter, I don't do well in the snow!!

Jenn said...

Looks like you are having fun and staying busy! Hopefully one day before the kids are grown we will see you in person, not just blogging:) We are just going to have to reserve a cabin so we can come see you! As soon as Jared can leave the biz alone for a day or 2! ha ha. You know those Marshall boys, work-aholics! I am glad I can keep up with you. Can you believe we almost have 1 year olds!!!

BallerinaBiker said...

Man, I love your pic at the top with the tractor cutting the field. It brings me back to childhood. And, I wish I still lived in the country. It's so picturesque.

Sorry the power went out. That's horrible. Ours went out a few weeks ago when a semi wrecked and took out a bunch of power lines by our house. It's so inconvenient!

Anonymous said...

I love your Blog header picture! It's so pretty there! Glad you guys are doing well!