Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sick Kids...


I took Melissa & Ava to the doctor today. I know Ava has an ear infection because she has tubes and her ear is draining. Melissa doesn't have a full blown infection but it's starting so the doc put her on a z-pak. He put Ava on chewable amoxicillin and of course she doesn't like them. So I dissolve them and make her take it from a syringe. It never fails that she is sick when she's supposed to start or finish school. She was out the last two weeks of school because she had an ear infection and was so sick. In fact she lost 3 pounds and still hasn't put it back on. She's so skinny. The summer has been good...no sickness until now. William seems to be doing good. At least Ava will be on antibiotics long enough that it's okay to send her to school. She starts on the 2nd.

This weekend some of my family is coming. We are going to bottle some tomatoes, peaches, pickles, and hopefully green beans if we can find some. Rose is coming Thursday so we'll start before the rest (Melissa, Trisha & her family, Lance & Natalie, and my cousin Brooke and her family)get here on Friday. I've had the canning bug since I moved here but so far I haven't convinced Nathan to help me plant a garden. I have a pressure cooker, and water bath canner so I'm equipped but I just don't have the produce. Luckily there are farmers markets and friends that are willing to share. I'll have to take pictures and post next week. Until then, have a great Labor Day weekend.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

That sucks that the kids are sick. My kids get sick alot too. You guys should have fun this weekend! We will be up in Joseph the following weekend for Jeremy's brother's baby blessing. Just going up and back Saturday though.

Tami said...

That stinks, I hate having sick kids, especially when they have school. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, Enjoy!!

BallerinaBiker said...

Sorry you have sick kids! I hope they get better soon. It's the pits when the kids are sick! Only 1 advantage . . . they are generally lethargic and want to lay around all day! Not very messes are made and the house stays fairly clean!!!! : ) But really, it's not really that fun!

Canning sounds awesome! I think I'm going to put up some peaches this year. I like to make the freezer peach cocktail. YUM! It's so good for dessert throughout the year. I wish I planted a nice garden this year. I did plant zucchini and have harvested 2 zucchini's already! YAY! I'm going to be making bread up the wazoo this next couple weeks! And, any other kind of zucchini dish!

Jill said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Canning is a lot of work but so worth it. I didn't get a garden planted this year, but always have in the past,and I do enjoy canning. Have a great weekend and tell everyone "Hi".

Super Mom said...

I just canned applesauce for the first time. I have a friend who shares her apples and has this neat little contraption that makes the sauce and spits out the guts at the same time. While canning is messy, and a lot of work . . . The rewards are great! Someday I will quit running away to play so much and plant a garden with my family. Sorry your babies have been sick. Ear infections are the worst. P.S. The beautiful picture of the tractor and mountains made my heart skip a beat. I so miss it there, especially the sound of the creek. Bliss! You are living my dream life! P.S.S. Does Burt Hanson still own across the highway and Has ole Joel sold the dairy yet!!!lol at that last question!