Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Farm Life


The past few days the kids and I have been going out in the evenings with Nathan to chore. The weather has been so nice that I can't pass up the opportunity. I'm sure there is more cold weather on the way and I have spring fever in a bad way as do the kids (well mostly William). It has been our ritual to go do chores with Nathan in the summers so it's nice to start again. I used to help Nathan with the watering but with a baby now I'm not much help. Nathan will usually take either Ava or William on the tractor with him if he needs to get hay up top. They sit in the buddy seat next to him and Sassy, our dog, sits on the floor. The other day Nathan had William with him and they went to smooth out the road where there were deep tire tracks from the mud. Nathan said it was a really bumpy ride. I guess it must have been nap time for William because he leaned over and went to sleep. Nathan said he was flopping all over bumping his head because of the rough road. He's a pretty deep sleeper once he goes to sleep.

Today our pigs got out. This is a daily occurence now. So William got in the pen with Nathan and was trying to heard them back in. It was cute because he wasn't afraid of them in the least. That worries me though because he's not afraid of much. He got in two different horse corrals while we were feeding. He's quite the handful and so independent. We never have a dull moment with him around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that William. He is quite the kid. I always enjoy going out with you all to do the chores when I am there in the summer. We enjoy the blog. I laughed right out loud hard when I read the went to Utah one at the very last. Things were fine.
Love,
Janet