For the past 5 weeks my mom, Melissa, Trisha, Audra, Rose, and me have been doing a biggest loser challenge. We each put up $100 and the person that lost the biggest percentage of body weight by the end of the 5 weeks got all the money. I worked really, really hard to win this competition but Rose snuck in at the end and took it all. Between the 6 of us we lost a total of 72 pounds. Pretty impressive I think. It was very motivating and fun to do with my family. I still have a ways to go to get to my goal weight but this challenge gave me a great head start. Nathan said it's the best $100 I ever spent. I lost 19 pounds in the challenge but had lost 10 pounds before that when I had the flu. So since the end of January I have lost a total of 29 pounds. That's pretty amazing for me. I still would like to lose at least that much more so I have to stay committed.
Saturday morning, the 4th was the Eric M. Lee memorial 5k run. I had gone 4 miles on the treadmill the night before trying to win the biggest loser challenge so when it came time to "run" the 5k I was a little tired and decided to walk it. It was a beautiful day, albeit a little chilly. We ate breakfast after the 5k and it was delicious...especially since it wasn't on my diet:) A little later, the Bunker's, Lee's, and Taylor's, a long with friends met at the church for Logan's baptism. It was such a wonderful baptism. The spirit was so strong and you just knew Eric and others beyond the veil were there. The talks, musical number, and confirmation were so good. It was awesome.
Unfortunately we had to leave for Logandale right after the baptism so we missed the birthday party. We dropped our kids off at Jared & Jenn's to be watched while we attended the graveside service for Tricia & Jason Wickersham's little baby.(Thanks Jenn for lining up the sitter). For those who don't know, Tricia was expecting twins in June but had a rare condition that required surgery and lots of bed rest. On March 30th during an appointment, the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat to Baby A so they had to deliver her at 29 weeks. Unfortunately Baby A was stillborn. Baby B was born healthy but small. He weighed 2 pounds 1 ounce and was 13 inches. The graveside was very nice. There were a lot of people there to support them. It was good to see all of the family and extended family that we haven't seen for awhile. The next day we went to the hospital to see Baby B who they named Darin Jason. They named Baby A Berkley Elwin. Darin is the cutest, tiniest, little guy I've ever seen. He had his blinders on because he had the light on him so I didn't get a good look at his face but it's just amazing that he is thriving and healthy and so, so small. He's truly a miracle.
All in all it was a good weekend. We saw everyone in both families which doesn't happen often. I have pictures but my camera is in Nathan's truck and he's not here. So I will add them soon.
Red Castle Lake Adventure, Labor Day 2017
7 years ago

4 comments:
I still think you should have gotten part of the money as a second place prize!
Wow Martine! Good job! Where do I sign up?! I am so so so impressed. What would I give to lose 29 pounds? So what did you do?
Congrats that's great! keep up the hard work! I'm sorry to hear about Trisha & Jason's baby that is so hard I can't imagion having to go through all that, but I do like the name "Darin" they did a good job picking that name!! I've always wanted to do Eric's 5K maybe next year you'll have to let me know when it is.
Hi Martine. I'm so impressed. Great work! I was so sad to hear about Trisha and Jason's little guy. How is baby Darin doing? Is he still in the hospital? I'm sorry I missed the 5K this year. I hope to be able to do it next.
Your family looks wonderful.
Post a Comment