Saturday, February 7, 2009

Released, Cruise, & Sick, sick, sick!!!

It has been quite awhile since I posted. I tried to change the background on my blog and lost some of widgets and whatnot. Instead of fixing it, I left it and am now just getting to it. Before we left on our cruise, I got released as the Primary President in our ward. It was a little bit shocking because usually people are left in their callings for 5 years or so. I guess there are a lot more active women in our ward to extend callings to. The funny thing is that the Bishop called my 2nd counselor that had been in the presidency with me the entire time as the new president. She will do great. She is in trouble though because she called me as a teacher and I was looking forward to going to Relief Society. Oh well, such is life.

On Friday the 23rd of January we dropped our kids off at my mom's. She, Melissa & Trisha so kindly watched them while we went on our cruise. We set sail out of the San Diego port on the 24th. It was us, Jared & Jenn, and Justin & Kerrie. We had a day at sea Sunday, ported in Cabo San Lucas Monday, a day at sea Tuesday, and ported in Ensenada on Wednesday. It was our 3rd time in Ensenada so we knew exactly where we wanted to go to shop; so we did that and then tried a new restaurant. We didn't do much in Cabo except go to the Cabo Wabo and eat. It was good entertainment and food. We cruised Carnival for our first time. I think I was so used to Royal Caribbean that it was hard to get a feel for the Carnival ship. I didn't like the color scheme as well and it wasn't as open feeling as RC. Also, the food wasn't as good to me. The one thing I did like better was the rooms were much bigger, namely the bathrooms, and the beds were more comfortable. All in all, it was a very fun cruise. Good food, good company, good times. I just have to put a thank you shout out to the Wickersham's for letting us take their brand new Expedition so we could all travel together.

Now the worst part of the past few weeks is that when we got to Alamo to pick up the kids, I wasn't feeling so well. I just had a blah feeling. I slept all the way home in the truck and by the time we got in the house I just had to lay down and sleep. The next day, Saturday, only got worse. My head was pounding and I had the chills. By nighttime my head was throbbing...worse than a migraine and I was freezing. I made Nathan take me to the ER because there is nowhere else to go on the weekend. I had a fever of 105 when I got there. They did a bunch of labs on me and finally told me I had Influenza A. I guess it's the worst strain of the flu you can get. They were just going to give me 2 extra strength Tylenol for my head and send me home with some prescriptions. I told them I wasn't leaving without something strong to take away my headache. So they gave me a shot of pain medicine that knocks you out. It didn't knock me out because I could still feel the pain. So they gave me another one. Finally it knocked me out. I was really sick for about 5 days and Nathan caught it midway into me having it. So we took turns taking care of the kids. It was really pathetic and my house really suffered. But now we're all healthy and life is back to as normal as it was before.

Not much else is going on. My kids have been out of school for two weeks so I look forward to sending them back on Monday. Nathan turns 39 on the 17th. Ava just turned 5 on the last day of January. We still haven't celebrated because of all of the sickness so maybe I'll make a cake for her tomorrow and have a little party. Until next time....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad you hada a good time on your trip! Sorry to hear you were so sick afterwards! On the bright side, at least it hit after you got home!

BallerinaBiker said...

Your cruise sounded awesome! But I'm sorry you were sick! How horrible! At least you are all feeling better now!

The Marshall Family said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time on your cruise. I am jealous. I am glad that everyone is feeling better at your house. Being the mom and being sick is awful. Good thing we have great husbands. ;P