Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Slacker!

I feel like such a loser. I haven't posted in a long, long time. I feel like I might be getting as bad as Trisha...well, that's not possible since she hasn't posted in over 2 months! Anyhow, I'm posting now. I wanted to post some halloween pictures but I didn't take any. My sisters took some but I'm still waiting to get them. So maybe by Christmas, I will post halloween pics. We went to Alamo for halloween. My entire family was there. It was so much fun. Ava was a ragdoll, William was Thomas the train, and Melissa was a pumpkin. They were all so cute. It rained but it didn't keep us from trick-or-treating. The kids got so much candy. I still have a huge bowl in my cupboard. I have to hide it or William will eat it until it's gone. He has such a sweet tooth. Our primary program was this past Sunday, the 9th. We had a practice on Friday and by the way it went I was so nervous about Sunday. We had about 24 kids. Only one didn't show up for the program. I don't know what I did to deserve them doing so well on Sunday, but it went perfect. It truly was a miracle. So we rewarded the kids by taking the church's microwave from the kitchen and popping popcorn during sharing time. I also made a cooler of homemade rootbeer. We watched The Legend of Johnny Lingo (well half of it). It was a lot of fun and such a relief to be over. Nathan was called to be the young mens president. He was the first counselor but they released the whole presidency. So now he is the president, the scout master, and the sunday school secretary. He's pretty busy. They also called a new young womens presidency. They took two of my teachers and my activity day leader. So I had to come up with a few names to replace them. Our ward is not your typical ward. There aren't very many active people to choose from and if you don't choose wisely whoever you choose probably won't come. If you do come and do your calling, you never get released. I'm not complaining. I really like my calling.


My friend here gave me a box of apples so I have been bottling apple pie filling. Here's what it looks like. It is so yummy! I was up until 3:30 am finishing it!


Melissa is into making happy faces then sad faces. I took this video on my phone and thought it was pretty funny.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

You have a long ways to go before you are as big a loser as Trisha lol. Cute pics!

BallerinaBiker said...

So glad you posted! I was wondering where you went! Halloween sounds like fun! You need to get Trisha posting again! ; )

Tami said...

I don't know how I missed your update but I did. Your awesome with the canning I'm sure your awesome with the whole food storage thing!! I stink so I might be knocking on your door when times are tough!!!

Lisa said...

Melissa's Christmas picture is adorable. I feel your pain with feeling Primary callings in a ward that is not highly active - and why is it that the Primary has to worry about filling so many callings. It's all for the kids of course, but help would be nice. You are the canning queen! I kiss your feet!