Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More canning and random stuff...




I got together with my friend yesterday and we did a bunch of canning. We did pinto beans, white beans, 15 bean mix, dilly beans, dill pickles, and dill relish. We spent most of the day over a hot stove and I must say it was fun. I think I added 30 more quarts and pints to my last batch of canning with Rose. It makes good food storage. I finally learned how to use my pressure cooker so I have no excuse for not bottling things in it.

William and Ava are loving preschool. We went to back to school night tonight. I left Melissa with my friend Amy while I took William and Ava plus her son Westen. It was a little on the long side but fun. William couldn't sit still so that was a challenge but I guess that's to be expected...he is still 2 after all.

If anyone is a Big Brother fan, you know that tonight was the finale. I will only say (in case someone has it on DVR and hasn't watched it) that it turned out exactly how I wanted it to. Biggest Loser also started tonight. I haven't watched all of it yet but look forward to watching the rest in the morning. If you couldn't tell, I'm a reality show junky. I am looking forward to Survivor and The Amazing Race that start at the end of this month. I must say Big Brother is my favorite and I'm sad it's over. I'm sure I like it the most because it's on 3 times a week. I guess I need to get a life!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

My mom loves Big Brother too. Yesterday I had to text back and forth between Trisha and my mom because my mom wanted to know who Trisha wanted to win, then Trisha wanted to know what my mom thought lol.

Jenn said...

Looks like you are keeping busy! William won't be just 2 for long! I am looking forward to all of the Premiers on TV! I better go and delete some cartoons so there is room for them to start recording!

Tami said...

hey little ms. betty crocker!!! just kidding! we like reality shows too but i swear our blood pressure goes up when we watch the amazing race!!!

BallerinaBiker said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with all your canning! I need to get on the band wagon! : )

JoRae aka Lolae said...

I am in awe at your amazing ability to can. I suck at food storage and canning. I guess I know where to come when a disaster occurs, Marysvale here I come. I also need to confess that I love reality tv, also. Not so much Big Brother, but all the others you mentioned.

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for the sharing time ideas!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!!! You're the best :)

Lisa said...

Nice job with the canning! I've been in the canning craze too this year. I love it! That is when I don't have other time deadlines during a canning day. It is not a good idea to start a batch of tomatoes on a busy day just because the tomatoes stare at you every time you walk in the kitchen. Will you write me and tell me how you bottled beans? That would be a really great thing to add to my storage and probably cheaper than store canned beans.