Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Fun!




Happy Independence Day to everyone! We hope you all had fun. We sure did with the exception of a horrible migraine for me. I called in a refill on my prescription but the pharmacy was closed. I was down for much of the day but felt a little better in the evening. Berkley, Janet, and Whitney are here this weekend. We didn't have too much of a plan for the 4th because we had people coming to stay in the cabins so we had to stay around home to check them in. All of the parties showed up by mid afternoon and one family wanted to do some horse riding in the arena. They had a 4 year old boy that William really hit it off with. He rode the horse first, then his older brother, and finally his mom. His dad didn't want to ride. When they were done Nathan put William and Ava on the horse together and took them around the arena a few times. They had so much fun. The 4 year old boy left his bike helmet by the horses so William, Nathan, and I took it back to them. They were roasting marshmallows and invited William to roast some with them. So William had his first marshmallow roasting experience. He loved it. By the time we left he had marshmallow all over his hands and face. We got all the guests settled and then went for a ride around town. The only fireworks we saw was the neighbors below us. They had some pretty good ones. Lance and Natalie showed up later in the night. They came up to fish and spend some time with some of Natalie's family. It was nice to visit with them for awhile. I hope they had good luck fishing. I haven't heard yet. I'll have to call them. I guess it wasn't a typical 4th of July celebration but it was fun. Tomorrow is Sunday and all the guests are leaving. Nathan did two more trail rides today. The trail rides are pretty popular and we're happy about that. Not much else going on. Our next guests come on Wednesday as well as a group of scouts. There's never a dull moment around here!

No comments: