Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Little Miss Ava


I find that I talk alot about Melissa and William but not much about Ava. Shame on me! Ava is doing so well. Since we've taken her off dairy, yeast, and sugar she has really made alot of progress. Last Thursday she went on a field trip to McDonald's with her class. The teachers told me how much fun she had. She loves the kids in her class. I had a meeting with her teachers and the school district person over the pre-school the other day. I had all three kids with me when I went. When she got in the classroom she started scooting over to the toys with William in tow. You could see on her face that she was showing William that this was her territory and she knew where everything was. It was kind of like she was showing him the ropes. It was so cute. What wasn't so cute was William getting the jagged edged scissors and cutting her ear. I told the teachers he is going to be a handful for them.

Ava is climbing on the couches and the recliner by herself. She will try to say any word you ask her to say. She counts to 3. She can say most of the colors. It's really amazing how far she has come. Yesterday she did the seatbelt up on her wheelchair. Sunday she gave the closing prayer in Sharing Time. It was so cute I almost cried. The kids in Primary are so good with her. They will sit behind her and help her do the actions to Book of Mormon Stories or whatever song they are singing. I really feel like Heavenly Father knew we needed to come here and we feel extremely blessed to be here. I just took the picture above of her. She's our little sweetheart!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

She is such a sweetheart! Give her and the other kids hugs and kisses for us! We miss you!